Thursday, January 19, 2006

I R.U.B. it ! <3

So I went to R.U.B. again for an impromtu dinner with Luis before my class last night. This time we got to try a couple of new dishes. I got the long end ribs which were described on the menu as "the first 6 ribs off the slab - meatier." (This is as opposed to the short end which are "the last 7 ribs off the slab - the tender end.") They were so ribbilicious! Very tender, again dry seasoned no sweet sauce slopped all over them. I actually think they may have given me an extra rib too, because I had 7 long end ribs).

We also tried the fried onion strings. It's a huge quantity - big enough for at least 3 and probably 4 people. They come in this wide basket and the onions are sliced very thin and in long shreds, dipped in buttermilk, coated in a batter, fried and sprinkled with an *Essence of Emeril* kind of seasoning. I liked them because there wasn't a lot of breading and you could really taste the chock-umami-full flavor of the onions.

The next thing I'd like to try is their chilli cheese fries. Those look amazing too.

3 comments:

  1. hahah nice usage of "umami" ala nytimes article this week chickie! and i dont think anything in the world beats chili cheese fries. i want to try this place! stop RUB-bing it in that you can eat there and i cant :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried famous's daves? they have these huge rib platters that come with two sides, cornbread and corn on the cob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that in NY Judy? I'll try it! I love pig.

    ReplyDelete