Thursday, January 19, 2006

I R.U.B. it ! <3

So I went to R.U.B. again for an impromtu dinner with Luis before my class last night. This time we got to try a couple of new dishes. I got the long end ribs which were described on the menu as "the first 6 ribs off the slab - meatier." (This is as opposed to the short end which are "the last 7 ribs off the slab - the tender end.") They were so ribbilicious! Very tender, again dry seasoned no sweet sauce slopped all over them. I actually think they may have given me an extra rib too, because I had 7 long end ribs).

We also tried the fried onion strings. It's a huge quantity - big enough for at least 3 and probably 4 people. They come in this wide basket and the onions are sliced very thin and in long shreds, dipped in buttermilk, coated in a batter, fried and sprinkled with an *Essence of Emeril* kind of seasoning. I liked them because there wasn't a lot of breading and you could really taste the chock-umami-full flavor of the onions.

The next thing I'd like to try is their chilli cheese fries. Those look amazing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment