Monday, July 20, 2009

A Hot Highline Afternoon



Last weekend, some friends and I wandered into the High Line Festival. There was a snaking long line just to get up on the High Line, so we had to forgo our plans and instead walked the bustling cobblestoned streets of the Meatpacking District. On this day, it seemed this was the place to be for food trucks.

Not only was the Van Leeuwen Ice Cream truck in the spot where I had first seen it, but it was now offering an earl gray flavor! Alas, not too long before we had partaken in Chinatown ice cream factory following dim sum at Oriental Garden. Normally, I would not let that stop me, but given that Van Leeuwen's line on this hot afternoon was also mighty long, I decided to save my tasting for a future time.



We also spotted The Treats Truck and the Le Gamin
sandwich truck nearby doing brisk business, though it seemed that most people were indulging in its french fries.

Target, which was the sponsor of this festival, was giving away lemonade pumped out of a water tower. It claimed to be the world's largest lemonade stand. The lemonade was incredibly sugary, so to imagine how much sugar must have gone into that water tank to make a single cup that sweet makes me shudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment