Friday, July 31, 2009

The Custard Cure

How to cure the crankiness of a hot, humid Friday? Shake Shack Red, White and Blueberry custard. This is one of the best flavors I have tried. Cake batter was the other standout, but judging that next to this fruity concoction is the apples to oranges comparison, so I'll call it a tie.

This may be a bit of a tease to post about given that today is the last Friday the flavor is available. This flavor tastes as beautiful as it looks here! The smooth blueberry custard is mixed with swirls of marshmallow and strawberry sauce (with tiny bits of strawberries) - finding them in a bite is like getting a surprise gift, a burst of bright fruity contrast with the blueberry. I had barely walked three blocks away before I was scraping the bottom of this little cup and savoring the creaminess lingering in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment