Monday, November 01, 2010

Essex Street Market to Open on Sundays

Besides eating, one of my favorite food-related activities in my free time is exploring food markets. The Essex Street Market on the Lower East Side is a great one with a combination of produce, meat and seafood stands as well as some specialty food sellers, such as Saxelby Cheese (I recommend you check it out if you haven't been). It's also the site of the great breakfast and brunch spot, Shopsin's. There have been many times I've wanted to take people to eat at Shopsin's or just to the market to explore on a Sunday morning, but unfortunately the market has always been closed on Sundays. It didn't make a lot of sense to me because Sundays seem like a day more people would have time to come out and shop. But beginning next weekend, the market will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment