Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Reporting from Atlanta...

Hi everyone. I thought it was time to introduce a Southern perspective on food. HA! Like this New Jerseyan knows anything about Southern cooking. What I do know is that Atlanta has an excellent restaurant scene. Do I dare say even better than Chicago? And maybe better than New York? Completely kidding, please no passionate rebuttals to that last comment. So let's talk about one of my latest finds- Fat Matt's Rib Shack. I don't know if Matt is fat but I do know Matt serves one of the best pork ribs I have ever had. They're juicy, they're tender, and they come with extra tangy sauce. The meat really does fall off the bone and you can finish a half slab in no time. If you're a vegetarian, well they have good sides. Tall mantou (my better half) and I especially like their rum-baked beans. The restaurant is a no-frills type of place which I think is a sign of a good BBQ place. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe I'll order some Fat Matt's ribs for Superbowl Sunday. I need something to distract me while I patiently wait for the halftime show.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my mouth is watering!! Do they have good cornbread? mmmm. And gosh, their menu looks so cheap! Then again, everything elsewhere seems cheap compared to New York!

    ReplyDelete