A heavier-than-usual dose of Small Bites to keep you stocked up for Thanksgiving. Enjoy.
- Is the consumption of animals and use of animal products murder? Strict ethical vegans think so.
- Eating carbs might help to boost mood, so the Atkins Diet could make you unhappy. This piece makes the interesting point that "Showing how people fare emotionally on a diet seems key to helping them stay on one."
- Fish tagine brings families together.
- Time Magazine tests out Top Chef frozen meals from Schwan's Home Service.
- Picky eaters take the fun out of dinner parties.
- Slate shares thoughts on the best ways to present pumpkin at your Thanksgiving table.
- McSweeney's experimental newspaper, SF Panorama, includes a food section.
- Do food company hotlines actually help to answer questions consumers have? The Wall Street Journal finds out.
- Slate's Daniel Gross experiences the transformation of the hot pot in Chongqing.