- Don't even think about taking photos or notes when you eat at Shopsin's. Not even if you're dining with Heston Blumenthal, chef of the British restaurant The Fat Duck.
- Double X shares a tale of how regifting a cake is not a good idea.
- There are 49 million people in the United States not getting an adequate amount of food. At the same time, the number of obese people in the country continues to rise.
UPDATE: The Washington Post's Post Partisan blog questions the term "food insecurity" used in the reports about hunger. Post writer Charles Lane makes some interesting points such as, "Adults are asked if they ever lost weight due to a lack of food money -- but not how much weight, or what they weighed before. In theory, a 300-pound man who lost a pound could count as 'food insecure.'"
- Serious Eats has an early, and mostly positive, review of Midtown's Momofuku restaurant, Ma Peche.
- Michael Bloomberg was spotted eating in Paris at Mon Vieil Ami. After much research, this modern French restaurant became one of the places I dined at during my weekend in Paris in March. It was a lovely meal and I had no regrets (except that I wished I had had more nights to try many other tempting places as well).