Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sala One Nine Review

Whenever my friends and I are trying to decide what type of food to eat, they tease me about my penchant for tapas. I like variety in my meal and tapas is a good way to achieve that. There are several good places around the city, but Sala One Nine in the Flatiron is a good spot for classic Spanish tapas.

Grilled chorizo.

The pork empanadas were a daily special.

Roasted portobello mushrooms over garlic cream with roasted shallots on toast.

Patatas Bravas with the spicy red pepper sauce.

Tortilla EspaƱola, the classic egg, potato and onion omelette, my personal favorite.

Rice pudding with cinnamon, brandy and caramelized sugar. This was like a creme brulee filled with rice pudding instead of custard. Our server recommended this dessert; he didn't steer us wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment